See what we've been reading this week, and stay tuned to Hygge this week for an exclusive interview with CO SD5 Senator Kerry Donovan, on public lands, saving coal jobs, and ski area economies. Comment and share what you've been reading. See you next week. -AMRDI
- Montana's "losing streak" continues as Big Timber project in jeopardy.
- The fate of wind energy in Wyoming hinged on a uniques, and controversial, wind tax. With the WY legislation deciding to at least hold it stable, a major new development can proceed.
- Then again, the Cowboy State has its share of renewables opponents, and development lags.
- Coal's decline redux: Colorado leads in coal job losses in West; and its inevitable decline?
- Malheur's not dead: BLM bombing suspect arrested.
- A review of pending bills in DC , and their impacts on the ground in Eagle County (CO).
- Battling over Bears Ears, continued.
- What we missed: Fight over federal land transfers goes county-by-county in Colorado.
- See (and listen) to our interview this week with CO SD5 Senator Kerry Donovan - author of the Colorado Public Lands Day bill. An excerpt and audio file will appear on the Hygge blog later this week.
- State's "political inability" to address budget crisis leads Moody's to downgrade credit rating, for fourth time.
- Alaska's spending profile is a complicated story -- from rural health to natural resources...
- In a stunning move, rural Alaska community development non-profit suspends fishing season, threatening livelihoods in the process.
- You can see Russia from here. Alaska returns to Northern Forum.