Regional Politics and News
- Gov. Hickenlooper wants to build new housing for the homeless using marijuana tax revenues.
- Contractors will dispute Denver’s wage ordinance laws for underpaid workers.
- New Mexico faces another round of budget deficits.
- A Colorado member of the Electoral College urges constituents to vote against Trump.
- Right-Wing Extremists in Montana concern Republicans and Democrats alike.
- Leadville, CO, continues its economic revitalization efforts with purchase of historic opera house.
Climate Change and Energy
- Alaska is warming twice as fast as the rest of the US and the subsequent flooding forces natives to make a tough choice.
- California’s Central Valley is learning how to cope with prolonged water shortages.
- Drilling near two National Parks debated.
- The battle over suburban fracking, in Colorado.
- No matter the costs these cities will fight the deportation of immigrants.
- The City of Northglenn (CO) will not enforce federal immigration laws against innocent civilians.
- Workers across the country were arrested for protesting in favor of higher minimum wages.
- An alternative to the Trans-Alaska Pipeline is being debated in Alaska.
- “Veterans Stand for Standing Rock”.
- From the New York Times, an examination of the rural vote and overrepresentation.
- CU Boulder Scientist uses food waste to breed maggots and other sustenance for livestock.
- A study shows students may be more susceptible to believing fake news stories.
- Innovative “Otter Skimmer" could make cleaning up oil spills much easier in cold climates.