Energy, Environment and Resilient Rural Economies
- Is international trade good for Colorado? Competing perspectives debated here, from Colorado Public Radio.
- The Gold King mine spill is still playing out, in the waters and in policy.
- Not the mountains, but an apparel manufacturer in Wray, CO might shed light on how rural economies can diversify (discussed above in trade article)
- $825 million, 50 mile water pipeline set to open, bringing Arkansas River water to Colorado Springs.
- Wyoming: The Deadliest State.
Climate Change's Human Dimension
- Climate realities: One woman's efforts to help Alaska villages safely relocate, through the courts.
- Snowpack troubles spell more gloom for western reservoirs, and farmers, even with a wet April.
- Alaska's abysmal winter has some worried there as well. Editorial here.
The Alaska Budget Crisis
- Alaska's fiscal woes coming home to roost in rural villages.
- Bethel healthcare costs may double, as transfers ebb...
- A revisionist history of former Senator Gravel, and what an Alaska economy might have been.
Stuff We Missed
- Small-scale fishermen find a way to compete with the big trawlers: Wiki-fishing in Alaska.