- A detailed look at the pressures on coal, and coal communities, from the Denver Post, through the lens of Colorado's North Fork Valley.
- Meanwhile, federal coal leasing has likely shortchanged states and communities for decades, thanks to "a lack of competition, problems with valuation, and lack of transparency."
- New Colorado legislation to be signed into law this week, freeing homeowners to use rain barrels on their property.
- Sprawl is back: A new report titled 'The Disappearing West' examines the scope of development and urbanization in Western States.
- Colorado passed a 'Public Lands Day' bill, but it wasn't easy, and it isn't all pomp and circumstances either...
- Native American-owned businesses from five states are meeting in Great Falls, Montana this week.
- Innovations in suicide prevention incorporate gun shops.
- Wyoming's syphilis outbreak centered around Laramie.
- Still dangerous being gay in Wyoming (opinion piece).
- The fire continues to wreak havoc and, most recently, has forced a revision of plans to return people back to the city.
- 30 tons of plastic debris per mile of coast? Foreign plastic overwhelming ability of coastal communities to clean it.
- Compare and contrast Alaska and Norway during arctic oil downturn.