Energy and the Environment
- Protests against the Dakota Access Pipeline continue in Anchorage.
- An oil and gas state grapples with fracking.
- West Slope (CO) residents call for more protections from oil and gas,with a plan.
- 90 percent of Colorado experiencing worsening drought conditions.
- Massive wind farm begins operations in southern CO.
- Carbon emissions tax opposed by surprising groups.
- This map shows how large of an impact the Dakota Access Pipeline has on Western states, including Colorado and Wyoming.
- Op-ed: Media distortsAlaska Native reality.
Rural and Community Development
Ski Area Economies
- Despite a booming ski economy, Pitkin County (Aspen, CO) still wrestles with poverty.