- Universities of Alaska and Wyoming featured in story of public universities "in crisis" in cash strapped energy states. Call to diversify shared by Presidents of each, mostly.
- And a look into Wyoming's fiscal woes, and tax future here.
- Where innovation really lives: A fascinating story about one man's entrepreneurial efforts from Nome, Alaska, bringing needed services to rural villages at the same time.
- Fighting over fracking bans.
Health and Human Development
- US Senate considers the "honey bucket," and its implications for Alaska health and sanitation in village Alaska. From the article: "Despite decades of work, more than 3,300 rural Alaska homes lack running water or flushing toilets."
- Patching up the rural West's "broken" healthcare system.
- What we missed: Rural towns and the mental health care challenge.
- LED lights help light even small towns.
- Revered Montana wildlife biologist, John Craighead, has died.
- Montana's "Forest Collaboration" begins this week, bringing a diverse array of stakeholders to the table.
- Fires take their toll in Utah.